Ash Wednesday begins the season of Lent, a time of fasting, reflection, solemn prayer, and confession. It is a time of preparation when God’s people look forward to Holy Week and Easter.
The Ash Wednesday service is open to the whole family and includes:
- Diverse blend of contemporary and traditional worship.
- A time of silent reflection and “centering prayer.”
- Children’s sermon featuring puppets, “Cosmo and Delores”
- Communion and the imposition of ashes.
- Option to stay in the sanctuary and participate in “prayer stations” for creative art and writing, reflection, and meditation immediately following the service.