Beginning Wednesday, January 7th at 6:45 PM, Trinity Baptist Church will embark on a 10-week “tour” of world religions. The seminars are free and open to the public, who may come at any time.
You may also join us for dinner at 6 PM by reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost for dinner is $5.00 per adult (age 12 and older); all proceeds go towards relay for life.
- Jan. 7 – Introduction to World Religions
- Jan. 14 – Hinduism
- Jan. 21 – Buddhism
- Jan. 28 – Judaism
- Feb. 4 – Guest speaker, Rabbi Ronald Bluming, on reading the Hebrew Bible
- Feb. 11 – Confucianism
- Feb. 18 – Ash Wednesday service (worship to be in sanctuary)
- Feb. 25 – Islam
- Mar. 4 – Guest speaker, Kemal Koruc, The Atlantic Institute, on reading the Qu’ran
- Mar. 11 – Taoism
- Mar. 18 – Guest speaker, Dr. Loyd Allen, McAfee School of Theology, on Celtic Christianity
Rev. Dr. Joe LaGuardia, who taught world religions at the Urban Seminary of Atlanta and in several other venues, will facilitate the seminar. He also serves as Interfaith Congregational Liaison in the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Georgia.
Join us for Trinity’s annual Christmas Eve service this Wednesday at 6 PM. The service is a great way for the whole family to be revived in the Lord, remember the reason for the season, and hear the Christmas story unfold in a vibrant, worshipful way!
This year’s service will include communion by intinction, special music by the choir, the reading of the Christmas story from the Gospel of Luke in four movements, and carols and lights. Don’t miss it, and invite the whole family!
Join us this Christmas season for a whole schedule of events:
- Sunday, Dec. 21st: Fourth Sunday in Advent Christmas Special followed by cookies and punch fellowship at 10:30 AM.
- Wednesday, Dec. 24th: Christmas Eve Candlelight at 6 PM.
- Sunday, Dec. 28th: Christmas special service, baby dedication, blessing of the toys, and caroling at 10:30 AM.
- Sunday, Jan. 4th: Epiphany service at 10:30 AM.
Join us this October for the 30th Annual Christival: Celebration of Faith and the Arts worship experiences!
Since Trinity’s founding, the church has observed Christival (a word combining “Christ” and “Festival”) on Sunday mornings, 10:30 AM, with guest musicians, preachers, and artists.
This month boasts to be one of the best! Featuring the visual arts, crafts, quilts, and other fine arts adorning the sanctuary, Christival will also include praise teams, storytellers, and dramatists. Don’t miss it!
- October 5th: Special music by the Prayz Team from First Baptist Church of Atlanta, and musician/artist Verna West. Homily by Karen Woods, Associate Pastor of Missions; and the service will conclude with a “Christival Parade!”
- October 12th: Storytelling by Johnna Ryan and Margaret Morris; drama by Joe and Kristina LaGuardia. Special music by the choir and Tom Eggleston. “Chalice Prayer” demonstration by retreat leader and modern mystic, Daphne Reiley. Communion to be served by the Reverend Bill Lee. Special Music will be by operatic singer, Pat Roerig.
- October 19th: Special music by Tom Eggleston, Kyong Whang, and Elizabeth Whang. Homily by Delores Eggleston.
- October 26th: Youth Sunday, featuring special music by award-winning musician, Bailey Bala, and Jackson Thomas; homily by Matt Cook, Associate Pastor of Youth and Families. “Arts and Crafts Exploration and Workshop” for the entire family following the morning worship service.
Then join us on Sunday evening, October 19th at 6 PM, for a “Revive Us Again!” Worship celebration–including potluck meal at 6 PM, followed by music and guest speaker at 7 PM. Don’t miss it!