Beginning Wednesday, January 7th at 6:45 PM, Trinity Baptist Church will embark on a 10-week “tour” of world religions. The seminars are free and open to the public, who may come at any time.
You may also join us for dinner at 6 PM by reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost for dinner is $5.00 per adult (age 12 and older); all proceeds go towards relay for life.
- Jan. 7 – Introduction to World Religions
- Jan. 14 – Hinduism
- Jan. 21 – Buddhism
- Jan. 28 – Judaism
- Feb. 4 – Guest speaker, Rabbi Ronald Bluming, on reading the Hebrew Bible
- Feb. 11 – Confucianism
- Feb. 18 – Ash Wednesday service (worship to be in sanctuary)
- Feb. 25 – Islam
- Mar. 4 – Guest speaker, Kemal Koruc, The Atlantic Institute, on reading the Qu’ran
- Mar. 11 – Taoism
- Mar. 18 – Guest speaker, Dr. Loyd Allen, McAfee School of Theology, on Celtic Christianity
Rev. Dr. Joe LaGuardia, who taught world religions at the Urban Seminary of Atlanta and in several other venues, will facilitate the seminar. He also serves as Interfaith Congregational Liaison in the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Georgia.
Join us for Trinity’s annual Christmas Eve service this Wednesday at 6 PM. The service is a great way for the whole family to be revived in the Lord, remember the reason for the season, and hear the Christmas story unfold in a vibrant, worshipful way!
This year’s service will include communion by intinction, special music by the choir, the reading of the Christmas story from the Gospel of Luke in four movements, and carols and lights. Don’t miss it, and invite the whole family!
Join us this Christmas season for a whole schedule of events:
- Sunday, Dec. 21st: Fourth Sunday in Advent Christmas Special followed by cookies and punch fellowship at 10:30 AM.
- Wednesday, Dec. 24th: Christmas Eve Candlelight at 6 PM.
- Sunday, Dec. 28th: Christmas special service, baby dedication, blessing of the toys, and caroling at 10:30 AM.
- Sunday, Jan. 4th: Epiphany service at 10:30 AM.
Join us Wednesday, October 1st, at 6:45 PM at Trinity Baptist Church to participate in a conversation on special needs and mental health.
The Reverend Mary Armstrong-Reiner, will be guest speaker. Rev. Armstrong-Reiner has experience in ministry to special-needs children and those with mental disabilities in the Lutheran Church.
The goal is to help our church–and you!–participate more fully in ministry with those who have special needs and other disabilities.
The “conversation” will take place in the sanctuary at 6:45 PM! All are welcome!