Trinity Baptist Church is partnering with United Way and Family Promise of Newrock to host a barbecue lunch on Thursday, September 25.
United Way has been holding this event for nearly 30 years, and our church is blessed to be a part of it. Plates are $10.00 each, provided by Jim ‘N Nick’s and the Rockdale Career Academy Culinary department. All proceeds are split between Rockdale County United Way and Family Promise of Newrock.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up below for as many plates as you want–purchase for your family, for your workplace, or for your community! Order by September 20th.
- Make your check payable to Trinity Baptist Church, with “BBQ” in the memo line; send in your check by mail or drop off BY September 20th!
- Eat in or pick up your plates at Trinity Baptist Church on Thursday, September 25, from 11:30 AM to 1 PM.
The church is an incubator of life-long lessons, formational growth, and values. It is made up of a web of relationships in which learning, education, and teaching take place.
Throughout August, Trinity Baptist Church will explore ways in which it is called to be a “teaching church.”
What is a teaching church?
A “teaching church” is committed to nurturing ministers, each other, and the wider community in areas related to the purposes of God, the ministry of the priesthood of all believers, and faith formation. It is a mutual relationship of learning and growing in Christ.
This also assumes that the church has something to learn from the wider community. What can our neighborhood teach us about how God is working in our midst? What do we need to learn about the Spirit’s work in the world today? How can we join God on mission beyond the borders of our physical campus?
Join us to answer these, and so many more, exciting questions every Sunday morning and Wednesday night beginning August 3rd at 10:30 AM:
Sunday Sermon Schedule (10:30 AM):
- August 3: “The Teaching Church”
- August 10: “The Church Teaches Ethics”
- August 17: “The Church Teaches Grace”
- August 24: “The Church Teaches Values”
- August 31: “The Church Teaches Missions”
- September 7: “The Church Teaches Conflict Resolution” (panel-style discussion)
Wednesday Night Bible Study Schedule (6:45 PM):
- August 6: “What makes a Teaching Church”
- August 13: “Decision Making: A Biblical Perspective”
- August 20: “Models of Pastoral Care”
- August 27: Guest Bible Study leader, TBA
- September 3: “Ways to Reach our Neighbors for Christ”
- September 10: “Conflict Resolution”
Miss a Sunday? Catch our sermons online!
We invite all people of all ages to be on mission in our community, from the youngest to the oldest!
This Sunday, July 27, join us for a powerful worship experience as we bless our children and youth in time for the new school year.
We will also “promote” children from preschool ministry to Children’s Fellowship, and the 5th graders from Children’s Fellowship to Youth Group. Included will be a special laying on hands ceremony.
The children and youth will split off from the congregation to have their own, individual ceremonies thereafter. The children will have a special children’s church service, and the youth will have a footwashing service followed by a pizza lunch fellowship.
Also, this weekend, we welcome guest worship leader, Dr. Karen Beam, and have our final sermon in the “Lessons on Prayer” series.
Join us at 10:30 AM!