The church is an incubator of life-long lessons, formational growth, and values. It is made up of a web of relationships in which learning, education, and teaching take place.
Throughout August, Trinity Baptist Church will explore ways in which it is called to be a “teaching church.”
What is a teaching church?
A “teaching church” is committed to nurturing ministers, each other, and the wider community in areas related to the purposes of God, the ministry of the priesthood of all believers, and faith formation. It is a mutual relationship of learning and growing in Christ.
This also assumes that the church has something to learn from the wider community. What can our neighborhood teach us about how God is working in our midst? What do we need to learn about the Spirit’s work in the world today? How can we join God on mission beyond the borders of our physical campus?
Join us to answer these, and so many more, exciting questions every Sunday morning and Wednesday night beginning August 3rd at 10:30 AM:
Sunday Sermon Schedule (10:30 AM):
- August 3: “The Teaching Church”
- August 10: “The Church Teaches Ethics”
- August 17: “The Church Teaches Grace”
- August 24: “The Church Teaches Values”
- August 31: “The Church Teaches Missions”
- September 7: “The Church Teaches Conflict Resolution” (panel-style discussion)
Wednesday Night Bible Study Schedule (6:45 PM):
- August 6: “What makes a Teaching Church”
- August 13: “Decision Making: A Biblical Perspective”
- August 20: “Models of Pastoral Care”
- August 27: Guest Bible Study leader, TBA
- September 3: “Ways to Reach our Neighbors for Christ”
- September 10: “Conflict Resolution”
Miss a Sunday? Catch our sermons online!